HOW TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER OF ANY SONY XPERIA DEVICE
unlocking the bootloader of your Sony branded gadget, all the info needed being explained and detailed during the lines from below.By unlocking the boot loader, it’s possible to put custom ROMs on your Xperia™ device. However, it is recommend standard users not to unlock the boot loader, as it is not needed. Sony are proud to deliver great software experiences through there rigorously tested and official software releases. If you are not familiar with the risks involved, you should not proceed further. But if u want to customised your xperia device than you should have to unlock the bootloader first.
Anyway, even though this is the official method used for unlocking the Sony Xperia devices bootloader, you still have to be careful as by completing the same you will void the warranty of your smartphone. So, as you can see it is really improper to say that we are dealing with an official operation since the warranty will be lost. Anyway, surprisingly or not, Sony had decided to create a dedicated webpage that can be used by those who are looking forward in unlocking the bootloader of their Android based (or not) Xperia devices.
Therefore, today I will teach you how to easily use the Sony “unlock bootloader” web page and also how to prepare your handset for the complex and also risky operation that will follow. You see, even though there is an official way made available by Sony for unchaining the internal system of your Xperia device, the actual procedure is quite hard to complete there being a lot of stuffs to take care of. That’s why most of the users are still having troubles (and often they are ending up in bricking their smartphones) in unlocking the bootloader, but the unpleasant situations can be avoided if a dedicated and suitable step by step guide, just like the present one, is being followed.
But, first let’s talk a little bit about the general aspects related to the bootloader term. Well, the bootloader is a small program that runs each time you power up your Sony Xperia device. The bootloader is located in the ROM memory and basically when it runs the OS and its programs are loaded into the RAM memory. So, you can associate your phone’s bootloader with the program that runs each time you power up your computer or notebook. Now, when you first buy a device it will be delivered with a locked bootloader, so unlocking it it’s your job.
HOW TO UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER OF ANY SONY XPERIA DEVICE
Before proceed do this thing:-
- Backup the data which is being saved on your handset, because you can lose all of your personal info and saves.
- Then, a Windows running computer with internet connection enabled must be near you.
- Also, the Sony Xperia smartphone and its USB cable should be there.
- On the computer first deactivate the security programs like antivirus and Firewall protection.
- Then, get and install the Android SDK on your computer; also install the fastboot drivers from here.
- If you notice that your handset has less than 60% power left, before heading to the next steps, charge its battery; else the phone might get turned off in the middle of the unlocking procedure.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your device.
- Take note as if you unlock the bootloader you will no longer receive OTA updates.
- Apply this method only for the Sony Xperia devices.
How to unlock the Bootloader of any sony xperia devices
Go here and check whether your smartphone is on the “unlock bootloader” list or not. If your phone is not listed there it means that you cannot use this guide for unlocking the system. It will be look like this
- Also, on your handset type and dial: *#*#7378423#*#*; then go to “Service info -> Configuration -> Rooting Status” and check if the “Bootloader unlock allowed” says yes. If the “no” answer will be displayed then you will not be able to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Now, extract the file named “downloadinf.zip” (which has been downloaded before) on your computer.
- Then, copy the obtained file (“android_winusb.inf”) to path c:\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver.
- Click yes if asked to overwrite something.
- Type *#06# on your phone and get the IMEI number; write it down as you will need it a little bit later.
- Now, go here.
- On the first page click on “Yes, I’m sure”.
- Agree to Sony’s legal terms and then hit “I accept”.
- On the next page enter your name, email and your device’s IMEI number and click on “Submit”.
- An unlock code will now be offered; note it down.
- Turn off your device and connect the same with the computer by pressing on the Menu button (for the Xperia arc, Xperia arc S, Xperia neo, Xperia neo V, Xperia pro handsets), or on the Search button (for the Xperia Play device) or on the Volume Up button (for the Xperia mini, Xperia mini pro, Xperia ray, Xperia active, Live with Walkman, Xperia S smartphones).
- Install the drivers on the path mentioned above (c:\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver).
- Now, on your computer open command prompt: “start -> run -> type cmd”.
- On the cmd window enter the following commands (one at a time): cd C:\android-sdk\platform-tools; fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version; fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY (replace key with the code obtained before).
- That’s all, now the bootloader will be unlocked.
- In the end, remove the USB cable and reboot your smartphone.
CONGRATULATION!!!!!!! You have succesfully unlocked your bootloader.
Thanks for visiting….keep visiting for more updates.